(HLTCPR201B, SRCAQU003B, SRCAQU006B, SRCAQU007B, SRXEMR003A, VU20299)
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to be able to work as a lifeguard. You will learn the following skills:
- Airway management
- Appropriate use of medical oxygen for resuscitation and therapy
- Appropriate care, storage and handling of oxygen
- Spinal injury management including recognition, stabilisation and immobilisation
- Aquatic emergency management
- Surveillance techniques
- Rescue techniques and prevention
- Customer service in an aquatic environment
- Basic pool water quality requirements
This accredited course will provide participants with the life support skills necessary for aquatic emergency situations. In order to maintain currency, lifeguard training must be updated every year. To update, candidates can attend a one day training session which will refresh and re-evaluate currency of skills.
The course is available as a full course, or reaccreditation.
You must be sixteen years of age to complete the Pool Lifeguard qualification.
Prior to being awarded your Pool Lifeguard certificate, you will need to provide us with evidence that you have completed a Level 2 First Aid course. If you already have a Level 2 First Aid Certificate, please bring a copy with you to the course, so that we can get your Pool Lifeguard certificate sent out to you as soon as possible.
As a requirement of the course you are expected to be able to perform a timed tow and a timed swim. Have a chat with our staff to find out more.